This blog shows the folkart I make, my reproduction furniture and other projects. My studio/shop is in my backyard. It's a couple of miles off the main road in West Prince County, Prince Edward Island, Canada. When you come to visit make sure you see – the "Olde Times" Garden House Museum; Grandma's Attic; the Furniture Box; Grampa's Loft (antiques, old doors, etc. in my Dad’s old barn loft); and my World's Largest Egg Beater, certified by Guinness World Records.

Monday, May 16, 2016

20th Anniversary Week - Part 7

     Well this is the last posting for my anniversary week - great fun to look back through the years!
     My family gave me a Wayne Wright cartoon to mark the occasion - he cleverly worked in my folk art and my favourite dog Calvin!

     Thanks to Jan Cox who wrote an article about me in her column, Way Up West, for the May 2016 issue of The Buzz.  Here's a link to the article and some additional photos she took that day...

Back yard art

Kerras Jeffery celebrates 20th anniversary of Back Road Folk Art

Way Up West  by Jan Cox

You get a moose every time with this gun—guaranteed. (photo: Jan Cox)
     Kerras Jeffery has been called “wonderfully demented,” “amazing,” “brilliant” and “wacky.” Calling him names (sticks and stones) do not bother the PEI folk artist, he probably could make something out of them. A tour of his workshop and studio reveals the fantastic scope of his no-holes-barred imagination......Source: BUZZon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment