This blog changed from a daily blog to a blog to celebrate the folk art of Kerras Jeffery, as well as his reproduction furniture and other projects. His studio & shop closed in 2017 following his passing.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Old Piano converted to Fireplace Mantle with Mirror

     A month ago I had a customer bring me the pieces of her old piano that had been in her family since the late 1800's - she asked me to make it into a mantle with electric fireplace.  I also made a mirror using the piano's label at the top.  
     Below are some before and after photos. 

     Last summer I had another customer, who was moving back to Ontario and couldn't take her piano - she brought me the dismantled pieces and asked me to make it in to a chandelier for her - I used the piano keys and misc. inner parts - see below.

1 comment: